The Easiest Shepherds Pie!
Shepherds Pie just reminds me of being a kid and helping Mama in the kitchen for Sunday dinner. Recently my Mom passed and I have been so in tune with creating recipes that remind me of her or that she would absolutely love if she were here to try.
This Recipe is so easy to make, minimal ingredients (which you know is my JAM) and just so dang delicious it calls for a blog post.
-1 Lb Lean Ground Beef
-3-4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
-1 Diced Red Onion
-1/2 Cup of Frozen Peas
-1/2 Cup of Frozen Corn
-3-4 Diced Carrots
-1-2 Garlic Cloves Diced
-2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1/2 Cup of Butter
-1/4 Cup of Milk
-1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
-1 Small Can Tomato Paste or 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
-1 Cup of Bones and Marrow Broth or regular organic broth
-1 Tablespoon Paprika
-1 Tsp Oregano
-1 Tsp Rosemary
-1 Tsp Pepper
-1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1. Chop Potatoes into small pieces and in a large pot, bring water to boil. Add potatoes into pot and boil until tender.
2. While Potatoes are cooking, in a large saucepan on medium to high heat, add your olive oil, garlic and onions and saute until brown and fragrant.
2. Add your lean ground beef and cook for 5-10 min until brown.
3. Add your spices, Worcestershire, tomato paste or sauce and flour. Stir until well combined.
4. Add your remaining veggies and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce your heat to medium and let simmer for 10-15 min stirring occasionally. Set aside.
5. Strain potatoes and mash with electric beaters (I find this creates such a smooth consistency) Add Milk and Butter for flavor.
6. In a large casserole dish, add your meat mixture to bottom of dish and carefully scoop potatoes on top of mixture spreading evenly with spatula.
7. Bake uncovered at 350 Degrees for 45 min until bubbly.